11 Apr Vaccum Truck Driver – Terrapure
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers, including those in the manufacturing, mining, municipal, oil and gas, pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, transportation, and utilities sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ approximately 2,000 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations across Canada.
At Terrapure, we’re Changing Waste for Good. We see both economy and environment as invaluable, understanding one cannot be prioritized at the expense of the other. With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, we provide services that reduce the volume of waste requiring disposal, recover value from industrial by-products, and restore industrial operations to peak efficiency. We provide these services through an extensive coast-to-coast facility network and through field services deployed on customer sites.
Title: Vacuum Truck Driver (DZ)
Job Type: Full-time, Represented (Teamsters Local 879)
Hourly Rate: $22.95
As a Driver, you will provide technical services and support at customer sites and within our facilities to ensure valid, acceptable, safe, and approved waste stream management. Responsibilities include packing, bulking, loading, securing and transporting various waste streams throughout Ontario.
- Operate motorized vehicles to move materials between sites
- Must be familiar and demonstrate an ability to operate Vacuum and Tanker Trucks
- Accurately complete various documents, including pre/post trip inspections, manifests and log books in a legible manner to meet compliance requirements
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are operated as per Company standards
- Position may be required to work various shifts, including weekends and extended hours, according to client needs and as assigned through seniority standing
- Drivers must have a willingness to be available for short-notice work and perform physical labour and/or assist other Drivers as required in the completion of assignments
- Drivers are required to adhere to all Environmental and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties assigned
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- DZ license required
- Must be able to submit current driver abstracts
- Previous knowledge of TDGA, Reg. 347/558, WMHIS, Confined Space Rescue, MTO and MOE regulations
- Must have solid written communication skills in order to complete required paperwork
- Must have exceptional verbal communication skills to be able to interact with internal and external customers
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and think proactively
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, walking and climbing of stairs and ladders
- You will be exposed to environmental conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, work areas that are dirty, dusty, wet and noisy
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, such as a hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety boots
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a drug and alcohol test.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com