Career Choice is an innovative Amazon program uniquely designed to upskill Amazon employees who are interested in pursuing a future outside of Amazon. By partnering with Toronto Truck Driving School to deliver training for high-demand careers, Amazon is proud to give eligible employees the tools they need to make a move and pursue their aspirations.
The educators in the Amazon Career Choice Partner Network deliver on our commitment to provide associates with high-quality, supportive educational experiences that lead to new career opportunities outside of Amazon. Together, we are dedicated to providing education that is affordable, aligned with industry demand, and tailored to meet the unique learning needs of working adults. We are proud to join forces with these local, national, and global partners.
If you’re currently an Amazon Associate and interested in learning more about enrolment path details and next steps to participate in the Amazon Career Choice Program, please visit:
www.amazoncareerchoice.com prior to enrolling below.
Five Week Tractor Trailer Driving Program
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.
WHAT CAN I DRIVE WITH THIS LICENCE?
Licensed AZ Drivers are allowed to drive any tractor-trailer combination.
They may also drive in class D and G
The class A driver’s licence allows you to drive a motor vehicle and towed vehicles where the towed vehicles exceed a total gross weight of 4,600 kilograms (10,000 lb); and vehicles included in classes D and G. A class A-licence does not permit you to drive a bus carrying passengers, a motorcycle or a moped.
For a full Class “A” – a motor vehicle and towed vehicle where the towed vehicle exceeds a total gross weight of 4,600 kilograms (10,000 lb) and an overall length of 45 feet or longer, a fifth wheel coupling and a full air brake system on both the truck and the trailer.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
AZ COMMERCIAL COURSE OUTLINE
During the course of our training students will learn the skills required for a career as an AZ Commercial Driver. Our program covers the laws and procedures that regulate the trucking industry. Training will include but is not limited to the following:
- The environmental conditions that affect equipment performance;
- Basic operating and vehicle manoeuvring skills to ensure they are confident behind the wheel.
- The rules and practices for safe operation.
- Students of our program will gain the skills required to obtain a commercial driver position within the transportation sector.
Competent drivers must know not only how to operate the particular class of equipment to which they have been assigned but also be aware of hazards associated with the work they have been asked to do They will be able to operate equipment in a manner that protects both their own safety and the safety of others in the their workplace.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE AND WHAT DOES IT COST?
Our course is 4-5 weeks in length consisting of 103.5 hours. For a breakdown of fees and expected time commitment please call 416-675-7500
WHAT WILL I GRADUATE WITH?
AT COURSE COMPLETION:
Further to course completion students will be awarded the following:
- AZ Commercial Driver Training Certificate from the 103.5 hour training program.
- A certificate from the TTSAO that our graduates are insurable drivers with all major insurance companies.
- Class AZ License from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- WHMIS, PDIC, and Dangerous Goods Certification.
WHAT DO I NEED BEFORE I CAN BEGIN?
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ License or higher
- Grade 10 English or Equivalent
- Successfully Complete Ministry Approved Aptitude Testing
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE?
Please fill out the following form once you’ve done the following:
- Confirmed your eligibility for the Amazon Career Choice Program
- Spoken with a TTDS- Career Choice Representative about the prospects of career as a AZ driver.
- Obtained a TTDS-AMAZON-Submission-ID.