19 Jun Driver-Ambassador
Date: June 2022
Department: Fleet & Warehouse
Reports to: Lead Driver-Ambassador
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Rate: $22.50 Per Hour Plus Benefits
Time Required on-site: 100%
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold primarily perishable food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to
charities and not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of
community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Second Harvest is looking for a seasoned DZ Driver-Ambassador to join our team. Reporting to the Lead
Driver-Ambassador, this position ensures that the pick-up and delivery of all second Harvest food is executed
in a safe and efficient manner and that the distribution of food is executed equitably to all member programs.
The Driver-Ambassador also acts as a representative of Second Harvest by possessing awareness and
understanding of issues related to hunger and homelessness in Toronto.
• Perform complete circle check/inspection logs of the assigned truck at the beginning of each shift.
• Pick up food from donors and deliver it to agencies as per Health & Safety regulations.
• Be responsible for loading and unloading assigned product into the assigned truck for every shift.
• Handle food in a safe manner and ensure all food is stored as per food safety regulations.
• Ensure that food is stored appropriately (i.e., floor, freezer or cooler, truck) and that truck is parked in the
• Collaborate with all Driver-Ambassadors, Lead Driver-Ambassador, and the Fleet & Warehouse Supervisor to
ensure food is divided adequately and equitably across all the routes.
• Maintain accurate records of all food pick-ups and deliveries.
• Maintain a high level of customer service with all stakeholders.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
• Experienced Driver: You have a valid DZ driver’s license and a minimum of 3 years’ experience driving 10 speed
automatic trucks (must provide a clean driver’s abstract of minimum 3 years); you have proven ability to
perform driver pick-up and delivery functions, and associated record-keeping.
• GTA-Savvy: you have thorough knowledge of the GTA, particularly downtown Toronto, and have at least 3 years
driving experience in the city.
• Professional: you have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as strong conflict resolution and negotiation abilities.
• Communicator: you can communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Physically able to climb in and out of the truck, lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis throughout the day.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Experience in the social services sector would be an asset.
• Food Handling certificate would be an asset.
• Must be willing to undergo a background check.
• Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada.
The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and
accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons,
such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca.
Please submit your resume via email with “DRIVER-AMBASSADOR” in the subject line, to
email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as
(but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with
disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your
candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and
selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.