11 Apr AZ DRIVER- Hamilton
Title: AZ Driver (Drum Driver)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Represented (Teamsters Local 879)
Location: Lottridge Street, Hamilton
Probation: Rate: $23.00
Regular Rate: $24.00
As an AZ Driver you will be responsible for picking up various types of drum waste from Depots and Industrial customers. You will be required to load, secure and transport waste throughout Ontario.
- Operate motorized vehicles to move material between sites up to and including AZ licensed equipment.
- Must be familiar and demonstrate an ability to pick up and transport industrial and household hazardous waste.
- Accurately complete various documents, including pre/post trip inspections, manifests and log books in a legible manner to meet compliance requirements
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are operated as per government and company standards
- Drivers are required to adhere to all Environmental and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties assigned
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- AZ license is required
- Must be willing to submit current driver abstracts
- Knowledge of TDGA, Reg. 347/558, WMHIS, Confined Space Rescue, MTO and MOE regulations
- Must have solid written communication skills in order to complete required paperwork
- Must have exceptional verbal communication skills to be able to interact with internal and external customers
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and think proactively
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Position may be required to work various shifts. This may include the alternate work week based on customer requirements (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Overtime is paid after 37.5 hours per week
- You will be required to lift drums manually and using a drum cart. Drums may be empty or full
- Position requires the ability to stand for periods of time, walking and climbing of stairs, moving of drums and other means of containment onto the transport vehicle.
- You will be exposed to environmental conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, work areas that are dirty, dusty, wet and noisy
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, such as a hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety boots
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a drug and alcohol test (if applicable).
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.